Having a tiny apartment or a small bedroom doesn’t mean you have got to compromise on the furniture. Especially, the couch!
Who wouldn’t like to come home at the end of a long day and snuggle up on the couch with a hot beverage and a book or Netflix? Or cuddle on the sofa with your partner for a bit?
Its true most furniture takes up all space studio apartments. But the loveseats are true saviors.
I have been using some of the best loveseats for small spaces and I know that:
- They are a great and innovative solution to prep up small living spaces and bedrooms. They are basically compact couches tailored out for small-space furnishing.
- Moreover, small loveseats can lift up the spirit of tiny spaces and gives it a chic vibe and stylish look.
- They are also handy when it comes to budget.
- As they are available in leather, faux leather, polyester upholstered, velvet or microfiber, you also get to choose the best that goes with your vibe.
Comfortable Small Loveseats: Our Top Choices
Here are some of the small, yet comfortable loveseat you can get:
- Zinus Benton: Best & Most Comfortable Choice
- Larkhinhurst: Small Leather loveseat
- Rivet Revolve: Amazing Small Corner Loveseat
- Divano Roma: Small recliner loveseat
- Homelegance Sinclair: Retro Style
- Giantex: Small loveseat with Chaise lounge
- Rivet Sloane: Small touted choice
- Modway Prospect: Curved Choice
- Cushioned Linen: Small armless loveseat
Now, if you are eager to grab one of them, we have further narrowed down the list and here goes the comparison:
||Check Latest Price on Amazon|
||Check Latest Price on Amazon|
||Check Latest Price on Amazon|
What to Look for in a Small Loveseat?
Choosing furniture is never an easy task unless you decide to take a giant leap of faith. It is especially so with loveseats. However, if you have made up your mind to go ahead with a small loveseat sofa and wondering about your option, here is something helpful.
Here is what to look for in a small loveseat and make your best buy.
1. Always be mindful of the size
The small loveseats are available in size as small as 60 inches wide and 28 inches deep to the standard 84 inches wide and 40 inches deep. The best loveseat, speaking in terms of size, is the one that fits your room and caters to your seating needs.
One has to real mindful about the size because what works in a room large enough for multiple seating arrangements won’t always fit a tiny studio or dorm room.
2. Choose the material that fits the best
Now, this is a very confusing and almost ambiguous area, just because the options are limitless. Upholstery can be fabric or leather, and they come in wide range of grades. While linen and other cotton blends provide a natural look while synthetic fibers such as polyester resist stain and tears.
The combination of leather and vinyl is generally considered economic. But nothing beats the luxury and feel of pure leather. But how do we select materials?
Always go for something that will match up the rest of your furniture, bring in a more comprehensive and balanced outlook to your interiors.
We like to keep simple when it comes to the frames; choose the strong and sturdy ones, always.
3. Know what you want and choose wisely
Loveseats can be much more than a small couch. It can also be a recliner and storage space. It can even provide little massage to your back.
It is always wise and most importantly, economical if you know your priorities. If you are someone who would like to sit around all day and watch TV or read a great book, a recliner loveseat would be your best option. Whereas as an armless loveseat wouldn’t be a great idea.
4. A thing or two about style
Earthly and flat colors suit minimal and simple apartments. It can be used to balance out the empty spaces and awkward corners. The loud colors and big prints can match the vibe of modern spaces. When it comes to classic and royal look, nothing beats leather loveseats.
Densely cushioned loveseats may look bigger in small interiors. It is best to consider sleek and contemporary styles for studio apartments and small spaces.
5. Finally, manage your space aesthetically
You can have a perfect loveseat and still make it look boring if you don’t manage your space efficiently and aesthetically. It is always best to consider other furniture in the room while selecting your piece. For instance, if you intend to keep your next to other seating, always choose something of the height.
Also, let your creativity into play. For starters, matching throw pillows and blankets can bring in a whole new level of vibe if done wisely. Or floor mats and ottomans or a minimal lamp would work its magic just as well.
Best Loveseats for Small Spaces: Reviews
Here is our list of best small loveseats that are great in looks, best in practicality, and also worth your every penny. Have a look.
1. Zinus Benton Mid-Century – The Most Comfortable Loveseat
With multiple layers of comfy cushioning, this one is bound to redefine comfort for you.
Zinus Benton Mid-Century loveseat is hearted for its great comfort. It comes with several layers of comfy cushions that both look and feel great. The cushions are 52.8 inches long with button tufted back.
The size of the product is 52.8 x 30.7 x 33.9 inches. Even though it occupies up very little space, this small sofa is large enough and perfect for two people to sit comfortably. The mid-century minimal, yet royal, look makes adaptable to stylish and simple interiors alike.
The customers who have purchased Zinus Benton loveseat testify the assembly was a cakewalk for them.
- No tools are required for assembly.
- It can be assembled by one person. Takes less than 20 minutes.
- Once put together, the couch is sturdy and firm.
Zinus Benton Mid-Century also offers great value for money. It is probably the best small loveseat you could lay your hands on for the price. However, people with young children might want to think about it twice as the stains and spills are not easily removable from the fabric.
This loveseat is suitable for small and medium-sized apartments and bedrooms. It would also work well for people looking for an additional couch for their living space.
2. Larkinhurst Contemporary- Small Leather Loveseat
This small leather loveseat beats it in class, style and elegance.
This faux leather loveseat, with its withered faux leather, is a classic addition to any room. It comes with a corner-blocked frame and tight back that provides firm support and comfort. Loose seat cushions and exposed faux-wood feet are two among the major attractions of Larkinhurst Contemporary loveseat.
Other features include:
- It is small enough to fit through doorways 32″ and wider
- Rolled arms and turned feet that gives off a vintage look
- The bottom cushions are removable and come with a zipper in the back for interior access.
- Pet friendly with a scratch-resistant surface
3. Rivet Sloane- Modern Loveseat for small spaces
The perfect loveseat to spice up the modern vibe, with extra comfort. This small touted loveseat is a total stunner with mid-century modern looks and comfortable cushions.
The Rivet Sloane is the best loveseat for small apartments. This small couch, with its mid-century modern look, can lend a subtle look to the place while providing a comfortable seating arrangement. The tufted back cushion with the button reckons its sophisticated appearance.
It has a strong sturdy, seat cushions, and firm back. The fabric is soft, and it adds to the comfort level. The side hands are said to be a little firm, and users suggest a couple of throws pillows set that right.
The tufted back has buttons that add to the overall look. Two people can comfortably occupy this small couch. It is well built and sturdy. It also comes with side arms to provide more comfortable seating.
The Rivet Sloane is a tufted loveseat which is best for tiny apartments and studios. It has a mid-century modern look that will match modern and stylish interiors.
In short, there is not so much to point out as a drawback. And the user testimonies in the e-commerce site prove the point well enough.
If customer reviews are anything to go by, Rivet Sloane is a quality loveseat that offers great value for money.
4. Rivet Revolve- Small Corner Loveseat
Here is a small couch that fits right into a corner, leaving up all the extra space for you.
Rivet Revolve loveseat is perfect for living room corners and comes in 34.6”D x 56.3 ”W x 35.4”H. It has contemporary and would easily go with modern as well as minimal interiors.
It also has a hardwood frame with solid beech wood legs that add up to its contemporary look. Now the major part,
- This loveseat comes with clean lines and comfortable seating. The cushions are comfy yet firm offering agreeable support for people to sit and get back up.
- The fabric is soft and durable. It is also resistant to claws and paws, making it safe for dog and cat people.
Overall, the design and functionality are the best features of Rivet Revolve loveseat. It is the best loveseat for people who would like to make use of their empty corners.
5. Divano Roma -Small Loveseat Recliner
Divano Roma loveseat is all about the class and softness of leather and the ease and comfort of a recliner.
This small loveseat is a classic brown faux leather plush recliner designed for two people. It is both classy and elegant in look and offers a very comfortable and relaxing experience. Here is why you should invest in it:
- It has soft bonded leather upholstery with a mat finish. It prevents sweat and skin from sticking to the material.
- The plush, overstuffed design extends the comfort.
- A smooth reclining mechanism that allows one to relax and stretch out or even take a nap.
- The material and design are in such a way that even if one falls asleep, there would be no back or neck pain.
- It is easy to put together.
- Good for the price range.
Overall, it is safe to say that Divano Roma loveseat recliner is something you wouldn’t regret buying.
6. Homelegance Sinclair- Retro Style Loveseat
Your quest for an affordable retro style loveseat ends with Homelegance Sinclair 57. It is classy and stylish with a touch of vintage.
This retro-style loveseat is suitable for modern all kinds of interior styles. It comes with two gray throw pillows that spice up the style.
To provide firm support, the bottom cushions feature a pocket coil spring system surrounded by foam. The back cushions are completely filled with foam for a plush and relaxing feeling.
The Homelegance Sinclair 57 features a 100% polyester fabric that looks like linen. It is durable as well as easy to clean. However, cleaning off pet hair and fur is not an easy task with this small couch. If your pet prefers your furniture, it is better to get a throw or seat cover.
The assembly is minimal and moreover, the customers couldn’t agree more on the value of money this mini sofa brings in.
7. Giantex Convertible -Small Loveseat with a Chaise Lounge
This multi-functional small loveseat is great in looks, style and comfort.
Giantex convertible sectional sofa reversible chaise lounge can be used as a footstool or normal seat. As it is movable, it can be put on the right or left side, suitable fit the room. For small spaces, it is a perfect complement to the sofa.
The cushions use high-density sponge and pocket coils for ultra elasticity. This makes it comfortable to sit and easy to get up. Check here the other factors that make this Giantex loveseat unique and worth
- The linen fabric with good permeability and tactility.
- The overall dimension is 78″L X 49.5″ W X 31″H which makes it perfect for small apartments, rooms, and studios.
- The back cushions have a removable and washable cover. This makes the loveseat easy to clean.
- Back cushions also can provide a gentle massage to the back muscles.
- High armrests designed for relaxing your arms.
- It is sturdy enough to withstand a maximum weight capacity of 660 lbs.
8. Modway Prospect -Small Curved Loveseat
Intrinsically luxurious, this small curved loveseat is dream furniture iconic chesterfield style with contemporary allure.
This is one of the best loveseats with a tailored profile and chic style. This little piece of furniture can not only add style to its interiors, but it can also bring in some sophistication and class to it. Its iconic chesterfield style, together with inset buttons, makes it quite an eye-catchy.
The upholstered in polyester fabric is stunning in its look and feel. The curved back offers a comfortable place to rest and relax with your loved ones. It is well built and supported by strong, sturdy legs.
Of course, its sweeping curves and structured detail are something to fall for.
9. Changjie Cushioned Linen – Small Armless loveseat
Modern in look and feel, this small armless loveseat is nothing less than striking furniture statement for your dream interior.
Armless loveseats can be a cool addition to modern interiors. They are comfy, chic, and comfortable to sit. As it only occupies little space, it is a perfect seating arrangement for living rooms, bedrooms, studios, dining halls, and even restaurants or offices.
Its ergonomic design of this small couch makes it comfortable for your head, back, butt, and leg. Moreover, the sofa cushions give a comfy feel. It is made of upholstered and dense elastic sponge.
The other plus points of this small armless couch are;
- It is contemporary in style with a blend of traditional elements in the design.
- It can be used for sitting, napping, reading, etc. However, this is not the recommended loveseat for people who plan on binge-watch shows in one go.
- Very sturdy and comfortable with dark brown legs.
- It is stable and spacious enough to hold two average-sized people.
- Serpentine Springs run from the front of the seat to the back where they are clipped to the frame. It provides extra comfort and support.
The history of loveseats dates back to as late as the 1600s. However, it is not a popular option among modern furniture enthusiasts. Here are some commonly asked questions about this absolutely stunning piece of furniture and their answers.
This is the era of studio apartments and flat-sharing, where one doesn’t always get to own a couch. However, it isn’t necessary to give up on the comfort of a couch, when small loveseats can be a great practical solution.
Not only are they small and compactable, but they can also be quite comfy and amazingly stylish. They look even better when paired with little throw pillows and warm blankets.
Loveseats can, without a doubt, make any place feel homely and welcoming, just like any other big couches. They are completely chic and functional pieces of furniture that are worth spending on.
We hope you have found a good and comfy one amongst our best small loveseats. Let us know what you think about your purchase.